Sunday, November 27, 2011

Life with the Girls

Diana and her nine puppies...eight days old today

Lydia sits with me every night during the rosary and holds my hand...beautiful inside and out.

Volunteer Anna, playing with the kids

Elaina is the one who helps me in the garden, watches out for me and helps me with my Spanish.  She is really a angel.

Here I am, hard at work, ironing three huge tablecloths for the confirmation dinner two weeks ago.

Amelia, dressed and ready to go to her dance recital.  She is one of the five year olds I take care of and spend a good part of my weekdays with.

Aidee, also ready for her dance recital and another one of little ones I take care of during the day.

The last of my three little charges Ines.  Ines and Aidee were dressed as butterflys for their dance recital

I met Sr. Anna on our Thanksgiving trip to Montero.  She came to Bolivia as a volunteer ten years ago and loved it so much she decided to stay and become a nun.  I learned so much from her.  She is really amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. Did you take any on your holiday? The rain has started in again here. I was just getting ready to go out and finish putting up chirstmas lights. Joe, Erica and Dylan are coming down the weekend of Dec. 17 and we are all going to grab a bite to eat and come back to the house to play games. It should be fun. Dylan is at a fun age now.
    You take care and keep the pictures coming.
    Love
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures ---- especially the one of you in the school bus!!! Had to work on Thanksgiving but it was still a nice day. How do the people of Bolivia celebrate Christmas?

    Take care,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete