Sunday, November 13, 2011

November in Bolivia

The days are flying by and next week, Angela and I will have our first little holiday.  There are several Salesian volunteers througout Bolivia and we all be meeting next week to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Yes, we are celebrating early because some of us have committments the following weekend, but it doesn´t matter...I know we are all looking forward to it and will have a wonderful time.  I´m anxious to see another part of Bolivia and can´t wait to see four of the women Angela and I went through orientation with back in New York.  It will be so great to share our stories and experiences.  Although, it is still spring here the weather has been very warm.   I took the pictures below so you could see where I live now.   I never get tired of looking at the mountains.  They are so beautiful and they remind me somewhat of both southern California and the mountains in southern Oregon.  My favorite time of day is in the evening, when the shadows fall on the mountains in a certain way and they look so mysterious.

This morning I helped take the three little ones for their dance finals at their school.  Dance is part of their cirriculum and is taken very seriously.  I can´t tell you how cute all the dancers were.  In our little group of three, two were butterflys and one was a tiger.  I took lots of pictures but will need to post them later.  We also had a group of teenagers and young women who were confirmed today, so we had a celebration and a special meal in the afternoon.   The rest of the day has been quiet and relaxed and I even was able to take a nap!    Until next time...Love, Judy

4 comments:

  1. So great to read your update! It all sounds wonderful. Your hogar looks so lovely. The girls are adorable. Seeing them makes Digyana homesick!
    OK so now it is warm and I just sent you sweatpants! Oh well, you'll need them eventually! I included a few things for your girls too. You should get it soon, if all goes well. I sent it Express mail, because it was 7 lbs. Next time I'll be smarter & keep it under 4 lbs.
    Have a happy early Thanksgiving!
    Abrazos a todos!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful the grounds are at Hogar! You sound happy and content. Have a save trip and a nice Thanksgiving.

    Love,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy,

    I heard about the hurricane. Did it reach Hogar and are you ok.

    Love,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we are all fine. We did have high winds and some of the streets had high water, but we had no damage at the Hogar and we didn´t feel the earthquake yesterday. The weather is now clear, warm and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete