Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another Week Comes to a Close

It has been another full week, and the days just seem to fly by.  I still have so much to learn.  As some of you already know,  I dealt with spiders and mice this week, but I´ve come up with a system for dealing with it.  First of all, I asked the girls to please not leave food for the dogs anywhere near my room and I am straying my bathroom daily with RAID.  That seem to have solved the problem.  We had extra ballet lessons this week, as the girls are preparing for a recital.  I can´t wait to see it.   Today I worked for several hours in the rose garden and it looks great.  The girls helped me and one little girl, ten-year old Elaina, worked so hard beside me she had blisters.   I felt bad, but she seemed to think nothing of it and kept right on working.  I cut a rose for my room everyday and have started putting one in our little dining room table as well.  I´m in flower heaven.  Anna, thevolunteer from Germany and I, are also working on clearing out an overgrown area where we can plant a few thing of our own.  We work hard here, but it feels so good just to move again and not be stuck behind a desk all day.  I wash all my cloths by hand and washed my sheets today.  It´s so wonderful to smell the sun in my sheets again and reminds me of my childhood.  Before I came, I thought I might pay someone to do my laundry, but once I got here, somehow it just didn´t feel right.  It´s actually a great time for socializing and I enjoy it.  Tomorrow is our day of rest and it´s really honored here.  There will also be no cars or buses on the road, as they have several clean air days here a year. It´s a great idea.   Well, I´ll close for now.  I´m still having problems with pictures...long story, so I was only able to post the one.   Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment