Sunday, October 23, 2011

One Month in Bolivia

Hi Everyone,

I continue to struggle with photos.  Each photo takes about five minutes to load and the time I have online is very limited, but I was at least able to upload a few this time.  Today is exactly one month since I arrived.  You know how it is; in some ways I feel as though I´ve been here forever and in other ways the time has flown by.  I had a great week this past week.  We have had visitors from Germany and so our lunches have been extra special and yesterday the other  volunteers and I were allowed the afternoon off to show them around the city.  We had a wonderful  time and ended the evening at an outdoor café.  It was such a beautiful warm night, with great conversation.and the huge chocolate éclair wasn´t bad either.   Today the German couple is making all of us baked apples , which we´ll eat after we take the girls to the park.    I´m currently sewing curtains for my room by hand.  After mass this morning, we all sat outside working on various crafts and I put some of the girls to work on my curtains.  Anna and I have also been working very hard on the grounds and clearing an area where we can plant a few things of our own.  Our tools are minimal and most of the girls looked at us like we were crazy.  I think I may have mentioned this in my last my blog.  It is really coming along though, and  two more girls pitched in yesterday to help.  I´ll try and send pictures of the finished project.  You should see some of the spiders we encounter.    Anna and I scream and dance around and then get back to work.  They really are horrible and about the size of a quarter!   Time to go to the park now, so  until next week….Love,  Judy

Grounds of hogar, Andes in the background

Girls making First Holy Communion

Their beautiful faces

For my cousin Stephanie, mi bano, hot water included and great water preasure!

2 comments:

  1. Hard to believe it's been a month already! I know pictures are hard to post but love seeing them! What beautiful little girls you're taking care of. Think of you every day my friend. Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete